Wisconsin – the Badger State
Interactive Map | Printables | Online Activities | Top 5 Facts | History | In Detail | Video
Click the points of the map below to learn more
Wisconsin State Bird: American Robin
Top Five Facts
1. ) Ripon, Wisconsin was the site of the birth of the Republican Party in 1854.
2. ) The Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin’s professional football team, represent the smallest city of any NFL franchise. It is also the only community-owned, non-profit team.
3. ) The Black Hawk War ended in 1832 at Prairie du Chien, when Black Hawk surrendered to the United States government.
4. ) Eau Clarie, Wisconsin is home to the Paul Bunyan Lumbering Camp – a museum that features a re-created 19th century lumbering camp.
5. ) Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s largest city, was the birthplace of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
Chief Black Hawk
How does the history of Wisconsin compare to the histories of other states? Click below to try State History Rater
Selected Wisconsin Video – Making Cheese