Parents and Teachers: Please support mrnussbaum.com by following me or sharing the site on Facebook or Twitter. I need as many visitors as possible to keep the site up and running and FREE for everyone!
Label, Color, and Print a beautiful Pennsylvania online! You can even choose the font and get clues if you don’t know the location of a Pennsylvania landform, landmark, city, or neighboring state. Click the picture above.
1. ) Gettysburg, Pennsylvania was the site of the largest battle ever fought in the western hemisphere. It is considered the main turning point of the American Civil War and occurred between July 1 and July 3, 1863.
2. ) Punxsutawny, in northwestern Pennsylvania, is the site of the nation’s annual Groundhog’s Day celebration.
3. ) Philadelphia, the site of the drafting of the Declaration of Independence, was once the capital of the United States. It is nicknamed the City of Brotherly Love.
4. ) The Ohio River is formed at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers in downtown Pittsburgh. The three rivers together form the "Golden Triangle" at Point State Park in downtown Pittsburgh.
5. ) Johnstown, Pennsylvania was the site of the most deadly flood in American history in 1889. Over 2,200 people were killed when the South Fork Dam collapsed, sending a forty-foot tall wall of water through the city.