Maine – the Pine Tree State
Interactive Map | Printables | Online Activities | Top 5 Facts | History | In Detail | Video
Click the points of the map below to learn more
Maine Online Extras
Maine State Bird: Black-capped Chickadee
Top Five Facts
1. ) Maine is the ONLY state that borders only ONE state. It borders New Hampshire.
2. ) Maine is roughly the same size as the other five New England states combined.
3. ) 99% of the nation’s blueberries are produced in Maine.
4. ) 50% of the nation’s lobster supply is harvested from Maine’s waters.
5. ) Maine is the only state that has only one syllable.
Map of the Missouri Compromise, which made Maine a state in 1820.
How does Maine’s history compare to other states? Click below to try State History Rater
Mount Katahdin from Millinocket Camp by Frederic Edwin Church. Katahdin is the highest peak in Maine and the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail
Selected Maine Video – Acadia National Park