Parents and Teachers: Interested in earning money while building educational content for mrnussbaum.com? Check out my new jobs section and contact me if you are interested! Also, check out the OPPORTUNITY at the bottom of the jobs page to earn a FREE one year subscription to MrNussbaum XTEND with ALL programs enabled.
1. ) Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland, is located in Memphis, Tennessee. Graceland is the second most visited house in American behind the White House.
2. ) Knoxville was the site of 1982 World’s Fair. Over 11,000,000 people attended.
3. ) Elizabethton was the home of Samuel Powhatan Carter, the only person in American history to be an admiral in the navy and a general in the army.
4. ) Reelfoot Lake in western Tennessee was formed as a result of the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812. The earthquakes were the most powerful to strike the eastern United States in its recorded history. Seismologists estimate the earthquakes would have measured about seven on the Richter Scale.
5. )Nashville, Tennessee, the state’s capital, is widely considered the country music center of the world.