Minnesota – the Land of 10,000 Lakes
Interactive Map | Printables | Online Activities | Top 5 Facts | History | In Detail | Video
Click the points of the map below to learn more
Minnesota Online Extras
Minnesota State Bird: Common Loon
Top Five Facts
1. ) International Falls, Minnesota is the coldest city in the continental United States. Its average temperature is barely 36 degrees.
2. ) Minneapolis and St. Paul, together, are known as the twin cities.
3. ) Rochester, Minnesota is home of the Mayo Clinic, one of the most famous and important hospitals in the world.
4. ) Lake of the Woods, in northern Minnesota, has over 14,000 different islands.
5. ) Bloomington, Minnesota’s Mall of America is the largest mall in America.
Red Cloud’s War
Lake Itasca – the source of the Mississippi River –
CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=80382
Selected Minnesota Video – Isle Royale