Parents & Teacher
Louisiana for Kids: Maps | Activities | Facts | History
Click on points on the map to learn more about each location or point of interest
Louisiana : Top Five Facts
Printable Outline Map
Printable Fact Sheet
Printable Flag Outline
State Bird: Brown Pelican
Louisiana Online Word Search
Louisiana in U.S. History
Explorations of Hernando de Soto
Explorations of Robert Sieur de la Salle
War of 1812
American Civil War
Confederacy in the Civil War
Detailed Louisiana History
Louisiana Video: Mardi Gras
Louisiana: Top Five Facts
1. ) When Louisiana seceded from the Union before the American Civil War, New Orleans became the largest city in the Confederacy.
2. ) New Orleans is nicknamed "the Big Easy," probably because at one time it was easy for jazz musicians to find work in the city.
3. ) The 2005 Hurricane Katrina disaster devastated the city of New Orleans, flooding at least 80 percent of the city, and causing much of the population to flee to neighboring cities.
4. ) Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve is named for the the famed pirate Jean Lafitte, who helped American forces defeat the British in the Battle of New Orleans during the War of 1812.
5. ) Lafayette, Louisiana is known as the "Cajun Heartland" and is a popular tourist destination for its Cajun food and festivals.
Interactive State Pages
District of Columbia
United States Navigation
U.S.A. Games and Activities
U.S.A. National Parks
Make your own U.S.A. Maps
Maptivation for MrNussbaum XTEND
State Outline Maps
United States Printables
New Stuff; Improvements 2-22-2014
MrNussbaum Android App Store Full of Cheap APPS!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers
Follow me on Edmodo
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
@2015 MrNussbaum.com is a copyright of the Nussbaum Education Network,LLC.