Interactive Map | Printables | Online Activities | Top 5 Facts | History | People | In Detail | Video
Click the points of the map below to learn more
Kentucky State Bird: Cardinal
Top Five Facts
1. ) The Kentucky Derby is the oldest continuously held horse race in America. It is held at Chruchill Downs in Louisville in May every year.
2. ) Abraham Lincoln was born on a small farm near Hodgenville, Kentucky.
3. ) The first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant opened in Corbin, Kentucky.
4. ) The underground vaults at Fort Knox hold over six billion dollars worth of gold, making in the most valuable cache of gold in the world.
5. ) Pike County, Kentucky was home to the famous Hatfield-McCoy family feud, which lasted from Civil War times until the 1890s.
Abraham Lincoln in Depth
This is one of the web’s most comprehensive exhibits on our 16th president for kids. This section also contains numerous printable or interactive activities.
Abraham Lincoln Historical Places
This interactive map describes the many locations in which Abraham Lincoln lived, traveled, or performed work.
How does Kentucky’s history compare to other states? Click below to try State History Rater
Downtown Louisville: By mushashugyo (Louisville from the Belvedere) [
CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Selected Kentucky Video – Mammoth Cave