Parents and Teachers: MrNussbaum XTEND is now only $12.00 per year ($1.00 per month) for access to ALL PROGRAMS for the 2016-2017 school year if you purchase over the summer (until September 7). Click HERE to learn more. Also, check out my JOBS for Teachers and Parents section. More jobs will be posted soon.
1. ) Delaware was the first state to sign the U.S. Constitution, and hence, the first state.
2. ) Both Dover and Wilmington served as important stops on the Underground Railroad for runaway slaves in the mid-1800’s.
3. ) Delaware was a border state during the Civil War, meaning that is did not secede from the Union but rather, permitted slavery through the war.
4. ) Dover was the home of Caesar Rodney, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. His likeness appears on the back of the Delaware state quarter, the first quarter issued as part of the state quarters series.
5. ) Bombay Hook National Wildlife Regufe is an important refuge for the increasingly threatened horseshoe crab.