1. ) Orville and Wilbur Wright made the first official airplane flight at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina in 1903.
2. ) Virginia Dare became the first English-born child in the New World as part of the Lost Colony in 1587.
3. ) North Carolina’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park is America’s most visited national park.
4. ) North Carolina is home to the Research Triangle, a region of North Carolina’s piedmont that features three major universities: Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University, all of which are within 25 miles of each other.
5. ) Charlotte is the home town of Golden State Warriors basketball star Stephen Curry.
6.) North Carolina’s Mt. Mitchell (6,684 ft.) is the highest peak east of the Rocky Mountains