Parents and Teachers: Happy Holidays! Be sure to check out my new literacy activities for younger students by clicking here. Try Word Pyramids, Sight Words, Sight Words Audible, Word Maker, Sound Garden, and R-Control Races among others! Please support this site by following me on Facebook or Twitter!
1. ) Atlantic City, New Jersey features the world’s longest boardwalk.
2. ) On Christmas eve, 1776, George Washington and Patriot forces crossed the Delaware River and defeated a detachment of Hessian soldiers, which ultimately may have saved the Patriots from defeat in the Revolutionary War.
3. ) Cape May, New Jersey boasts the nation’s second largest number of Victorian homes. Only San Francisco has more.
4. ) The Battle of Monmouth Courthouse was the single largest battle of the Revolutionay War.
5. ) Princeton University, founded in 1746, is the nation’s fourth oldest college. It was called the College of New Jersey until 1896.